Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Where I am as an artist

I have always strived to try as many different media and techniques as possible. I have tried everything from glass blowing to digital painting. I'v had many years of practice and enjoyment creating traditional paintings and drawings and I have a passion for character design. However, as I have talked to more and more industry professionals, I have learned that there is a small market for such people. So I have decided to branch out and break into the "live action" world. I have more recently spent time honing in on my video editing skills and working on my 3D animation abilities. I have spent the last year working as an editing and shooting intern at a small private studio. So most of my experience lies within Final Cut Pro and After Effects editing both live action video footage as well as composing 2D compositions and animations.
     I plan to use this year to fine tune my Maya skills and become both a better animator and a better 3D modeler. I hope to combine the results of my future hard work with my editing skills to composite final products/projects that stand out and help me to find my place among the big fish out in the industry pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment